Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ELECTION RESULTS

First off, let me extend my congratulations to President-Elect Obama and his supporters. In no way do I agree with most of his policies and I am not looking forward to 4 years of liberal leadership.
However, this is America and we choose our President by voting in our individual states and appointing our Electors in the Electoral College. It is by this method that Barack Obama has been elected and he is the rightful President-Elect. Let’s have none of this crap about election fraud, cheating, lying, media bias, etc.
Yes, all of those things happened and probably had a major effect on the race. It is our job as citizens to go out and fix those problems going forward.
For now, we get behind our President and extend our prayers that God will guide him to do the right things for our country and the world.

There were some very interesting things that came out of the election tonight:

- I have never seen so many important states come in so close for so long. As I sit here now, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida and Indiana all are showing 51-49 or closer for either candidate. That a lot of electoral votes that were truly up for grabs. Unfortunately, all of those states went for George W. Bush last time around.
- The popular vote, at least to this point, is much closer than the polls thought it would be.
- We did not lose as many seats in the Senate as were expected.
- I don’t think we will lose as many seats as expected in the House of Representatives.

Ohio will end up being MUCH closer than the networks thought. Heck, they may even end up switching to McCain before it’s over, in which case, I reserve the right to amend my comments :)

Relax, people. America is bigger than Barack Obama or John McCain. We will survive and we will recover. Be proud of your country for being able to conduct and endure elections like these.

Let the Democrats have their day in the sun.

The revolution begins tomorrow…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Dennis Miller said something beautiful the other night.

Paraphrasing, it was: "If Obama wins, I am not going to hate on this guy like the left has hated on Bush for 8 years, let's show some class and be proud to call him our President."

That said, now that the dems will have control of the Oval Office, House, & Senate---I eagerly await for "everything" to get fixed once and for all and in short order :)

Anonymous said...

Great post! As a radical liberal myself I never really have someone in the White House representing me...and that's probably for the best as my brand of liberalism may be destabilizing and is probably better in a position of opposition to those who actually hold power. But I can relate to your frustration. It's the same frustration I've felt for the last eight years. This isn't "hating on Bush." This is being appalled at the policies we've followed for the last eight years.

That being said, it is my fervent belief that the strength of any democracy is in the 'opposition' to those in power. Without opposition we have tyranny. It doesn't matter who's in office, so long as their's vibrant and dynamic opposition democracy will survive. So I look forward to some vibrant opposition from this site!

As for myself, I did not vote for Obama, though I'm touched more deeply than I thought I would be by his success (see my blog for explanation). I intend to be the opposition that I've been hardened to be since I started my political awareness in the Reagan years.

In the words of Frederick Douglass, Agitate, Agitate, Agitate.