Saturday, September 6, 2008

ABC News: Is Oprah Biased? Host Won't Interview Palin

ABC News: Is Oprah Biased? Host Won't Interview Palin

Let me say this about that - and it might surprise some of you.  I am GLAD that Oprah can choose to not have Sarah Palin on.  Sure,it would be great to have Sarah get that much more exposure and maybe have the chance to sway a few voters BUT...

...it's Oprah's show!  Why should she feel obligated to have anyone on?  People talk about her being biased.  I say, so what?  I'm biased and I'm proud of it.  Whether you like Oprah or not, she has made herself into the celebrity that she is and she runs her show the way she sees fit.  I say good for her!

I may disagree with her not wanting to put Palin on (if that is the case) but I don't have to agree with her. 

Talk show hosts and TV commentators don't have to be unbiased - reporters do.  If Katie Couric wanted to interview Joe Biden and not Sarah Palin and run a "news" story, I'd be the first one firing off angry e-mails to CBS.  But this is different.

No comments: